“The Elite Athlete Performance Enhancement program only works with athletes who are driven, hardworking and are always pushing the boundaries of perfection to perform better. Why?…Because it is what I love to do!”
Some Career Highlights
- Sports Physiotherapist for the Melbourne University Elite Athlete Unit – Comprising of 24 of Melbourne’s best Athletes who compete in the Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, World and National Championships.
- Founded the Vigor Sports Medicine Clinic chain in Melbourne, Australia. These are the biggest sports medicine clinics in their respective regions and have been for more than a decade.
- Accepting candidature for his PhD at Melbourne University to be a leader in Sports Performance and Rapid Recovery.
- Has been the head of Sports Medicine at the Melbourne University for the University Games since 2008.
- Has taken care of more than 15,000 athletes in a career spanning over a decade.
Kusal Goonewardena’s Biography
For over 15 years Kusal Goonewardena has worked with athletes and teams, travelling around the world, providing his athletes with the utmost care. He provides the most up to date techniques to prevent injury, provide rapid recovery if injured, enhance performance and win.
His training has included a Masters in Sports Physiotherapy at Latrobe University, Bachelor in Physiotherapy from the world renowned University of Melbourne, and now is looking at completing his PhD in Sports Performance Enhancement in Melbourne to complete his specialization in a field that he loves.
He founded the Vigor Sports Medicine Clinics in Melbourne which are the only orthopaedic teaching schools for overseas trained physiotherapists in Australia. A keen lecturer and mentor he has personally helped over 1000 physiotherapists to shape their careers in sports physiotherapy.
In 2010 he released the eBook, “Rid Your Back Pain in 21 Days or Less”.
He is currently the head of sports medicine at the University of Melbourne sports program and its elite athlete program-totalling about 400 athletes that Kusal helps fine tune and improve performance in each year. Since working with the University of Melbourne in 2002 the prestigious university has finished in the top 3 for the Australian University Games in all years bar one. It also won this national championship on 2 occasions.
Some of his wonderful athletes have included Katya Crema – Winter Olympian and Ski Cross Champion, Christian Williams – Australian National Archer, Jeff Tho – Commonwealth Games badminton semi -finalist, Luke Chong – Oceania badminton champion, Lachlan Norris – Australian Professional Cyclist and Motor Cross champion, Tom Swallow – Australian U-23 volleyball champion, Phoebe Stanley – Australian Olympic Rower, Freddy Ovett – Australian Cyclist/Triathlete and Michelle Motteram – Victorian State Touch Rugby.
Want to hire Kusal as a Speaker for your Sports Organization? Click Here
Want to hire Kusal to improve your Performance as an Athlete? Click Here